WILLINGNESS TO PARTNER
Partnering families have many opportunities to show a willingness to partner. This begins from the moment you send in a prescreen. Every time a family shows up to their appointment, sends in documentation when needed and maintains their monthly status with in these guidelines, they show a willingness to partner!
With the help of volunteers, partner families help build and renovate the places they will call home. They attend financial education and budget planning classes. Some help at the local Habitat ReStore or help out in the local Habitat office. We call this “sweat equity” and you will be required to keep track of your hours.
- A two-adult household is required to perform a minimum of 500 hours
- A single-adult family is required to complete 300 hours
- 100 sweat equity hours may be completed by family and friends
- For Brush with Kindness projects only, sweat-equity requirements are equal to 75% of the estimated project time. For example, if the project is estimated to take 40 hours the sweat-equity requirement would be 30 hours.
- Families are required to complete the First Time Home Buyers Course
- Hours must be completed before a partner family can purchase a home
- An adult is considered anyone over 18 years old
Partnering families are proactive not passive… investing not receiving. Habitat and the families who partner with us understand that a home is a far-reaching investment. A home is a strong foundation on which the families who partner with Habitat can grow and thrive.