- All family members’ income is included in the calculation of a family’s total gross YEARLY income.
- Income shall include the following: SSI, SSDI, wages, retirement, alimony, VA benefits, and court ordered child support.
- Income guidelines are listed by family size. The income listed in “Max Income” may be reviewed at discretion of Selection Committee.
|JEFFERSON COUNTY||LEWIS COUNTY|
|# In Household||Min. Income||Max Income||Min. Income||Max Income|
Applicants Must Have:
- A steady, reliable source of income (2 year history) and demonstrate financial responsibility
- The ability to pay a monthly house payment up to 30% of gross monthly income (taxes and insurance included)
- The ability to pay projected monthly utilities (electric/gas/water/sewer)
- NOT filed for bankruptcy within the past 2 years
- A credit history free from outstanding collections, liens or judgments that cannot reasonably be paid off by the completion of the home build
For Brush with Kindness projects:
- A down payment of $100 is required
- Financing will be offered for approved projects at 0% interest for terms up to twelve (12) months
- A discount of 10% or $100 will be offered if the principal balance is paid in full within sixty (60) days
Thousand Islands Area Habitat for Humanity is not offering mortgage financing.
Thousand Islands Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Housing Opportunity Lender.